UAA Janice K. Barden Aviation Scholarship
1. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
2.Applicant must be a full-time undergraduate student (sophomore or higher) enrolled in an aviation related program at an NBAA/UAA-member institution (see list provided). Contact your department head or advisor for your institution’s UAA membership number; this application is not complete if this number is missing. Proof of enrollment or acceptance of enrollment must be provided prior to award distribution.
3.Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
4. Fill out this application form in its entirety and sign it.
5. Submit a 250-word, typed, double-spaced essay on a separate sheet describing your interest in and goals for a career in business aviation. Your typed name must appear at the top of the page.
6. Submit an official transcript issued by the school, or a copy of the transcript.
7. Submit a current one-page resume with permanent home address.
8. Submit one letter of recommendation from a member of the aviation department faculty at the institution where you are currently enrolled.
9. Completed application package, which includes this form, one essay, one transcript, one resume and one letter of recommendation, must be received by NBAA Charities no later than March 05, 2023, to be considered for the scholarship.